Saturday 15 March 2014

Kenyan for sure

"Where are you from originally?"
"Im a kenyan!"
"So you are a good runner I guess!!"
What the...? This happens way too often!! I am a proud kenyan I must say...but a runner?? Not really.
So today this kenyan part of me was forced to come out...literally!! I woke up this morning and planned out everything that was going down today. Since in Sweden everything keeps time I had to check the exact trains I'll be taking and all that. There is a possibility to buy a train ticket just before you board and that was part of the plan. So I come to the station 10 minutes before my train arrives and I bought my ticket. All I had to do was take the ticket that's printed out and voila!! Well not this time folks... Today the ticket never showed up. Like I tried giving it time to process but nothing happened. I even pressed all the buttons thinking that my ticket might feel the pressure it was put under but nothing happened. Ok... 8 min left. Looked around and found a number to customer care. Dialed it and guess what...My balance was too low. Now this is where my heart started beating fast. I have 7 min left before the train arrives. That's when I realized I have to ruuuun to the shopping center that's like 5 min away. Tightest jeans and heaviest bag didn't stop me from getting to that shop. Well I got to top-up my phone and now I had 2 min left until the train leaves so...yeah. Let's just say I was determined to catch it.
Yeah I caught it if that's what you are wondering about. When I finally took a seat and got to catch my breath the 1st thing that popped into my mind was, Is this what it feels like to really be a kenyan? So this is what people think I am when I tell them that Im a kenyan? Im I kenyan enough?
Anyways long story short, Im a kenyan and really proud to say that. Im just kenyan in my own way just as Rudisha and Kemboi are in their own ways. I just don't do the running thing. Don't get it twisted!//Brom

No comments: